Tips for dating a married man. Good idea or bad thing to do?Last Revised on September 25, 2011
Love Your Health Money Family & Relationship
Tips for woman who wants to date a married man. Are you someone who is in love with a married man, and wants to continue dating him? Then it’s a sure thing that you are in a state of confusion at this moment in your life and seeking help to lessen or even eradicate this emotional torments you are going through. Here are some tips for how to make this type of relationship successful.
1. Know and recognize the social stigma. You probably already know this that most society doesn’t approve relationships in which one of the lover is at current married to someone else. Even though you two know that he doesn’t love his wife and therefore is seeing you, the society in which you two live doesn’t. So be ready to face th challenge.
2. Is he really in love with you? Sometimes it is also common for a woman to fall in love with a man who is already married but is seeking a female friend to talk to about his life outside his marital life. It maybe that this male friend is just seeking friendship and nothing more – that he wants to keep his wife and not get divorce.
3. Read the statistics. Most relationships where a women is dating a married man doesn’t last long. There are many factors and two most common one being that the guy was only infatuated with you and that’s all, and secondly, why did he not have a succesful relationship with his wife to start with. If he is saying that his feelings and lifestyle doesn’t match with his current wife, then how did he end up marrying her. Ask these questions to yourself.
4. Is it good idea or bad thing to do? Dating a married man is no joke and carries a lot of drawbacks as discussed already. But as a female, it is you who will have to decide whether this man is the right person for you. Why does he attract you? How long can you keep having this “sneaky” relationship with him behind his wife? How would you feel if you were his wife and he was sleeping around with another women? It is you who has to decide at the end; so spend enough time and ask your good friends for different views.
5. Is it time to move forward with your life now? Is he manipulative or really loving natured guy? Don’t spend the rest of your life wondering if he will ever get a divorce from his spouse and move forward with you. Give him a specific time frame to choose between you and the relationship he says is no good for him. It is also important to realize that most men don’t want to go through emotions and mental stress of leaving their family behind.
6. According to Dr. Phil, relationship born out of affairs survive less than 5 percent if any at all. Eventually his wife will find out and will be left heart-broken, and next will be you. This is not to discourage you, to encourage you to think intelligently and not emotionally.
7. Keep your sanity. It may be completely pointless if you have already decided to stay in relationship with him no matter what, but make sure you stay sane. Make him commit to you before you commit to him. However, don’t make ultimatums that you won’t follow through; otherwise the problem will multiply by many times.
Please share your stories and advice for a girl who is thinking about dating a married man.
As always, please feel free to leave suggestions, ask any questions for help or simply discuss the topic. We highly appreciate your involvement and input everyday. If find it helpful, please share it with your friends by using one of the buttons below.